The marriage license of Adolf Hitler and Eva Hitler (born Braun)
Berlin, April 29, 1945
The Mayor of the Reich Capital For the purpose of the solemnization of a marriage, there appears before Walter Wagner,
alderman and civil magistrate in the Reich Capital:
1. Adolf Hitler, born on April 20, 1889, in Braunau; Address: The Reich Chancellery, Berlin; Father: [blank]; Mother: [blank]; Parents’ date of marriage: [blank] Proof of identity: personally known.
2. Miss Eva Braun, born on February 6, 1912, in Munich; Address: Munich, Wasserburger Strasse 12; Father: Friedrich Braun; Mother: Franziska Braun (maiden name: Kranburger); Parents’ date of marriage: [blank]; Proof of identity: special identity card, dated April 4, 1939, issued by the chief of the German police.
3. Witness: Reich Minister Dr. Joseph Goebbels, born on October 26, 1897, in Rheydt; Address: Berlin, Hermann-Goring-Strasse 20; Proof of identity: personally known.
4. Witness: Martin Bormann, born June 17, 1900, in Halberstadt; Address: Obersalzberg; Proof of identity: personally known.
The persons named under 1 and 2 state that they are of purely Aryan descent and that they have no hereditary diseases which would stand in the way of their marriage. In consideration of the state of war and the special circumstances which concern the solemnization of a marriage under the special laws of war, they request that a verbal notice of an intended marriage is accepted and that all legal delays are disregarded. This request is considered and found to be in order. I now advance to the formal act of the solemnization of a marriage.
In the presence of the witnesses named under 3 and 4, I ask you, my Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler, are you willing to take Miss Eva Braun as your lawful wedded wife? If you are willing, so reply by saying yes. Now I ask you Miss Eva Braun, are you willing to take the Fuhrer Adolf Hitler as you lawful husband? If you are willing, so reply by saying yes.
Now that the two fiancÚs have declared their willingness to enter into the marriage, I declare this marriage contracted before the law.
Read and signed:
1. Husband: Adolf Hitler
2. Wife: Eva B. Hitler, born Braun
3. Witness for 1: Dr. Joseph Goebels
4, Witness for 2: Martin Bormann
5. Civil Magistrate: Wagner